Skip to main content

The Power Of A Beam



Today is Date night with the absolute love of my life and I am so excited. It's been a while we went out alone what with having two kids and no help, its being mission impossible but this weekend my sister is home from Uni and she looks forward to spending time with the kids.

By 4pm I had completed all my tasks for the day at work and I was packed and ready to go. I was even contemplating going to meet my line manager if I could be allowed to leave 1 hour early 😂😂.
We were going to this restaurant I and hubby had heard so much about from our friends and I wanted to take my time so I could look my best.

Femi one of hubby's friends had gone to celebrate his girlfriends birthday there and he had only good things to say about them. Meanwhile the girlfriend turned fiance that night with a dazzling huge rock on her finger.
Femis' fiance told her sisters about the oh so amazing place where she was proposed to and so they planned a family dinner, needless to say their experience was a hit.
One of my hard to please friends Bukky had also gone there on a date and had nothing but praises for them.

All these good things I had heard made me look forward to tonight's outing. I was looking forward to trying this new place and also spending quality time with my husband outside our home.

As soon as I got home, I took a nice long shower, did my makeup and got dressed. I didn't want to be the reason someone will be pressing his horn from downstairs and tapping his fingers on the steering in impatience. I was taking no chances.



This post isn't a restaurant review. Nahhh.
It's about the excellent service these people practice that has drawn many to them and left their praises on the lips of those that have been there.
From the hostess who met us at the door with a bright and genuine smile on her face, all the servers were so courteous and friendly, with their signature smile. All of these made me feel warm, welcome and important.
I was at ease immediately.
I had such an enjoyable time, I didn't want the night to end.

Before leaving, I needed to use the ladies, I passed by a mini office and heard a staff on the phone taking reservations, I could hear the warmth and smile in his voice as he spoke to whomever was on the other end of the phone.
I was impressed anew by this establishment and the way they treated their customers. It was apparent they were obsessive about great customer service and were determined to go all out. One thing that distinguished their staff was the genuine warmth in their smile. They were all about their customers and it was obvious. Asides from the fine dining, the service was topnotch.

In rendering service of one kind or the other to people, either via telephone or face to face, the power of a smile cannot be over emphasized. It helps build a good first impression of your business, a customer will always prefer to do business with someone who is happy. 
Worthy of note is the number of referrals they keep getting as it was referral that made us go there also.

A smile is contagious and humans tend to copy emotions, so a good attitude on your part can improve your customers as well; this will help a lot in the sales and support process.
What are you going to be doing differently hence forth? Let me know in the comment section. Smile today 😁😁


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grief.

Every Saturday Even on Sunday I think of that day A day of pain, And unbearable grief. And hollowness I lost a dear one. One of the realest friends I have. Always holding my hand Advising me as a sage would. Praying over me like a mother. When pain overwhelmed me When grief overshadowed me When I questioned God why. I tried to understand. I couldn't fathom it. She loved God, was hopeful about her future. We had plans. She was young It wasn't time She wanted to get married, have kids. She has loved ones. She worshipped God with her whole being. Like with tears running down her face, and a smile on her face and speech that could only be a result of a deep communion with God. Her presence calmed me. Her words uplifting. Covering me. A shield by exercising faith and praying. I am consoled because she has gone to rest. I smile because she would now worship God till eternity. I have hope because we will see ourselves again someday in Heaven. I a

Customer Is King.

'I am not going to patronize your store anymore, you sell inferior items. You are fake'.  She said all this at the top of her voice, visibly upset.  'I bought expired yoghurt here. It landed my kids in the hospital for food poisoning'. People around her gasped. One lady glanced around furtively and returned the yoghurt she had just picked. I demand a full refund and I will tell everyone I know not to patronize you guys anymore. You are a bunch of fake ass people. Other customers looked on, uncomfortable with the scene unfolding. One of the staff approached her, wary and standing far off,  'We are sorry Madam, I have gone to call the manager, he will sort this out' Sorry Ma'. He moved away quickly. I knew then that if care wasn't taken, this situation would get out of hand. I also came to shop but the store had a good reputation and would not knowingly stock expired items. They were known for having variety and good items. She was fum

Musings Of A Five Year Old ; Let's Rock & Roll

"My Kids are Special".  "My Son is a genius." This is not to say other kids aren't, but it is what I reiterate to my children everyday. I tell them how proud I am of them. How I love them. Giving out lots of hugs and kisses. Now, I am not saying everything is all rosy, there are days we don't see eye to eye, when they play too rough and break their Granparents flask, or allow their Dad's laptop to fall off the bed, or the day they refuse to understand I don't have change for lollipop and they start whining which stresses me out, but what can I do? The core of my parenting is being intentional and positive. The desire to raise kids that are thoughtful, compassionate, fair, kind and who love God. In all of these, they are really cool kids and I am grateful to God for the privilege to parent them. That been said, the conversations I have with my 5 year old deserves a special mention hence the title 'Musings Of A Five Year Old'. They will be d